Zartonok-89 NGO

Our progress in Gandzaqar Community, Tavush Region


Here Marcella is making a forget-me-not, the official logo for the Armenian genocide centennial 

            As we have mentioned in our previous report, we implement the project “Providing Education for 150 children in Armenia” in the six regions of the Republic of Armenia (Aragatsotn, Shirak, Lori, Ararat, Gegharquniq and Vayots Dzor) and have quite evident progress. Gandzaqar Community from Tavush Region also joined us. The responsible for the project is Syuzi. Syuzi initiated the choice of project beneficiaries, basing on the criteria which we stated for the project, i. e., bad social conditions, age and reasons for being deprived from receiving education. We went to Gandzaqar, which is one of the farthest Armenian regions. The project participants and trainers met us. The children were very happy and inspired, they freely and truly answered to our questions concerning the project. By the way we went to Gandzaqar on April 24, on the very day when Armenians commemorated the Armenian Genocide Centennial    (http://armeniangenocide100.org/en/). Our project beneficiaries made forget-me-nots; the flower symbolizes the official logo for the genocide centennial.
            One of the beneficiaries, Marcella came to us and gave a letter, where she shared her thoughts about the “Providing Education for 150 children in Armenia” project We present it to you as well.
            “Hello everyone, I am Marcella, from Gandzaqar Community, Tavush Region. I participate in the mentioned project that is being implemented in our Region. Let me truly share my thoughts. First of all I'd like to tell you that before my engagement to this project I used to be very shy, low-spirited, did not like to get in touch with others as I had lack of knowledge compared with others of the same age. Bad social conditions were the main reason that I did not attend to my lessons, because I helped my parents to earn our daily bread. Recently one of my friends told me about this project. At first I was shy because of my knowledge lack. Any how I encouraged myself and decided to attend to one training of this project. After the first training I decided to take part in every lesson and training that is being organized in the frame of this project. Here I always enjoy pleasant treatment from everyone. At first I was not very active, after some time I began studying the lessons and to actively participate in every lesson. The environment is always warm and healthy. I always freely discuss and ask questions about the themes that I do not know with trainers and my friends. I also like to play games with children. After the end of the lesson I do not want to go home, because I always enjoy the welcoming, knowledge based atmosphere.
            Due to this important project I improved my knowledge level, gained many friends and would be happy if this project becomes ongoing. I am thankful to the project donors, to the Global Giving Team, the organizers and everyone who assisted in implementation of this important project in one of the farthest Armenian communities, in Gandzaqar”.